The purpose of the For Her Heart’s Sake From Her Heart stories section is to provide a platform for people to share their stories and experiences regarding women’s heart disease with others.
All input submitted may be displayed on the From Her Heart stories’ page(s), and if displayed is publicly accessible. It may also be included in printed publications relating to the For Her Heart’s Sake project such as promotional materials and social media. Think carefully about your intent and the consequence of publication of any of your submissions.
When you share your story with us:
- Keep your story relevant to the topic (women’s heart disease).
- Avoid repetitive posting; duplicate stories will not be posted again.
- Be respectful and courteous, keeping in mind that this content is public.
- Avoid linking to external sites in your submission. The Victoria General Hospital Foundation reserves its right to take down any submissions with external links.
- Your story must be created and owned by you, including any images and text included in your submission. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted. If the majority of your submission was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it will not be accepted.
- Offensive content, including offensive statements on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is strictly prohibited.
- The following content is also strictly prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
Respect other people’s privacy by not including personal information in your submission (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
The Victoria General Hospital Foundation cannot guarantee that all submissions for the From Her Heart stories’ page(s) will be posted. For Her Heart’s Sake has no obligation to store or archive the input provided by users.
Users can request, at any time, that the Victoria General Hospital Foundation remove their submissions from the From Her Heart stories’ page(s).
If you violate any of these guidelines, your submission will not be accepted.